- Go to the blog home page and look under the “Resources” drop-down on the right-hand menu for your course or subject. We have numerous articles with information and links that might prove helpful.
- Request enrollment in the D2L Tutoring Course Support site for your course, if it’s offered.
To get one-on-one or small group help online:
This summer (2013) we are piloting a new online tutoring service for mathematics & statistics using the TutorMatchingService (TMS) app for iPad. The classes we are focusing on are bio-stats and probability & statistics (MATH 1530). Don’t worry if you don’t have an iPad, though — our tutors work on iPads and can invite you to a session using your home desktop or laptop. Please be patient with us as we learn the best way to schedule and run these online sessions!
To schedule an online tutoring appointment in math/statistics:
- Register for access to the CFAA tutoring schedule at https://etsu.mywconline.com/ (skip this step if you’ve already used our online scheduling system before)
- Log in to the schedule.
- At the top of the schedule page, somewhere in the middle, you will find a drop-down box called “Limit to.” Click on the box and find your course (Bio-Stats or Prob & Stats); select the name of your course that is labeled ONLINE TUTORING, e.g. BSTAT 3000 – ONLINE TUTORING.
- You should now see the tutor/s and available times. Make your appointment, answering all of the relevant questions.
- IMPORTANT: The directions for joining an online tutoring session that appear on the appointment page are only meant for students wanting online writing sessions (that’s not information that we can customize, at this point). Ignore them.
- Check your ETSU GOLDMAIL starting 10 minutes prior to the session. You will receive an invitation by email to your online tutoring session within 5-10 minutes of the schedule time — give us some leeway to be a little early or late (sometimes it is difficult to end tutoring sessions, so tutors might be running late).
- If you don’t get an email invitation within 10 minutes of your scheduled session time, call 423-439-7111 to find out what’s up! Some of theses sessions have run very smoothly, while others have encountered various technical errors. Please be patient with us as we learn the best way to schedule and run these online sessions.